The community partnership is a key piece of service learning. Community partners identity the need and serve as the key contact for faculty and students. For students, the community partner often helps them that the students learn about themselves and the local neighborhood. The community partner has the unique role of helping create a real world experience for students.
Additional Publications and Journals
- Bringle, R. G., & Hatcher, J. A. (2002). Campus–community partnerships: The terms of engagement. Journal of Social Issues, 58(3), 503-516.
- Traditional vs. critical service-learning: Engaging the literature to differentiate two models. Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning, 14(2), 50-65.
- CSUCI Community Partner Guide
- University of Nebraska Omaha - Community Partner Guide
- Service Learning Community Partnership Guide - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill